Friday, November 2, 2012

Hummus hopes you can help...

I have recently posted on facebook fanpage for Peachy Keen Pets that our sweet rescue pug Hummus has recently had a lot of medical issues arise this week that have been very scary, and very costly. So far just in diagnostics, we have spent $4100, and Hummus was rejected from insurance companies long ago, so we have paid this entirely. We have so much more to go, as it looks like Hummus has a herniated disc on his spine near his left shoulder causing him to limp and causing him pain, but we have also found out while they did blood tests before taking him for an MRI, that he is also living with a bad infection. A scope, some biopsies, and an ultrasound have suggested he MIGHT have cancer, and we will find out for sure in a couple of days what he is living with right now. We are praying its anything but cancer. Once we know what he has, we will have to get an MRI for the shoulder which is another $2000, possible surgery at $4000, and if he does have cancer, chemotherapy might be an option, but that is $6000... the bills are enormous. Our friends and fans of Peachy Keen Pets have suggested we do this chipin to raise a little money for him, even though I find it so hard to ask anyone for anything in this manner. For those of you that do, every dollar means so much to us, we appreciate absolutely everything people are willing and able to do. I am also having a big sale on my products to raise money for Hummus, and you can find the details at www.facebook.com/peachykeenpets I am happy to scan any bills for anyone to see, I'm just posting this now since I have been told by so many to do this, and I realize I need to do this for him, even though it's uncomfortable for me to "ask" this way. Thank you so much to those who pass this chipin around, and to those who donate. It means an enormous amount to our little guy who is the sweetest most loving little guy you've ever met. Thank you again for your support.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It answered lots of questions which I had...Dog Urn

    ReplyDelete